Saturday, May 22, 2010

New old floors

Our current house has these great, very dark wood floors. They stay clean for about 10 minutes or less. They show every spec of dust, every piece of dog hair and every random item we track in on our shoes. With each move and remodel we have learned a little more about what surfaces are the easiest to keep clean. So, while I love the look of these...it is time for something more user-friendly! Enter...our new (old) floors. At the new house are using a more medium tone with a brown base. I like the tone a lot. This is just the first step, so they might look a touch darker after all the steps are completed. Quite a change from what we are living with now.

Checking out the progress. Still loving my wallpaper? that's a joke. But really when I glance from the first picture on this post to this one, I think, "now, why are we moving?"
Before the stain...view from dining room into living room (we also decided to tear out the old baseboard heat, which is why the baseboards look like a mess.)
Shot of stained floors, taken with my Iphone. Which I am ready to say, "I absolutely love." To be honest, I have (at times) judged my husband for his obsession with the iphone. I would like to state that I can see why he might deeply love this object..it is pretty impressive.

2 Comments:

At May 23, 2010 at 7:40 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Are you doing the refinishing yourself? The floors look great! Aunt Cheryle

 
At May 25, 2010 at 6:41 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Yeah, are you and Nic doing the floors yourself??? Can't wait to see the whole house.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home