Thursday, May 13, 2010

Packing Up....

Today I started the process of taking things off our walls. Why has this made me so sentimental? This is what our dining room looks like as I sit here and type...

This is what it looked like a few minutes ago..
And our ever-changing mantel, now looks so sad and lonely...
Where just minutes ago it looked happy and filled...


I am trying to talk myself through it..."Amanda, it's just a house. All the things you cherish about this house are coming with you." So, I take a deep breath...but as I am packing up another box, I think, "But, this is the house where we found out we were pregnant (twice), where we learned how to stay up all night changing diapers and taking care of little girls. This is where we became a family." Breathe....I know it will pass, but in this moment, I am a little sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home